Last week I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Shashi at Scribbles ‘n Pebbles! This is the second blogger award I have received recently (The Liebster Award was my first) and I am incredibly honored.
The sunshine award is given by bloggers to other bloggers who are positive and inspiring. I’m totally blow away by being nominated for this. It makes me smile so much!
Nominees of the Sunshine Blogger Award are required to write a post that includes:
- Answering questions the nominator included in their original post.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and make 11 questions for them to answer in their post.
So without further adieu let’s jump right in.
The Sunshine Blogger Award
Questions Shashi asked me
1. Why is blogging important to you?
There are several answers to this one for me. Honestly my biggest reason is because whenever I quit my job as a nurse I truly missed my patients. I loved being able to have that interaction with new people all the time and know that you are really helping someone. With my blog I have a diving board for my personal training business and whenever I get a new client that I can truly help to become healthier it makes my heart happy!
2. When did you start blogging?
Technically I launched my blog about a year and a half ago (March 2016). I did not start really taking my blog seriously and doing it full time until December of 2016.
3. Have you monetized your blog? If not do you plan on doing so?
Yes. I have monitized my blog. It allows me to stay at home with my son and lets me truly have the bonding with him that I crave. I do technically work full time hours on my blog but the fact that I can spread this out throughout the day instead of being out of the house for 12+ hours like I did when I was a nurse is incredible.
4. How often do you travel?
Not nearly enough! Since our son was born my husband an I have really stuck around the house. Our trip to North East Arkansas is about as far as we have adventured since he was born. We really want to start going further away once our little girl gets here in October to let them start seeing the world from a young age. James’ hate for car seats has limited us a big (because we are terrified of 8+ hours in the car with him).
5. How do you spend your weekends?
Lately, we have done basically nothing at all on the weekends. I’m still technically on “bed rest” with this pregnancy so we can’t really do much besides watch movies with the kiddo. Before this pregnancy we always went hiking, camping or swimming on the weekends. Really just anything that would get us outside with James.
6. What do you do when you’re blogging?
I honestly try to focus on what I’m doing. Occasionally I will listen to music just to have some background noise but I really just like the quiet. I have become a pro at writing outlines for posts on my phone while in the car (while hubby drives) but other than that I try to just write.
7. Are you a full-time blogger?
Yes and no? I do consider myself a full time blogger because my main source of revenue is through my blog, but I tend to spend more time working with my Personal Training Clients.
8. What is your favorite book?
Oh this one is so hard! I’m an absolute reading junkie! We have been looking at houses to buy lately and every single one I see that has a ton of built in book shelves for a library makes me get excited! I have such a long list of favorites but I think my number one has to be “Mr. Willoughby’s Christmas Tree” by Robert Berry. It’s a short children’s book but I remember vividly my mom reading this book to me when I was little. It’s absolutely adorable and I holds so many memories for me.
9. What social media do you use for your blog?
10. How often do you use graphics in your blog?
I use pictures in every blog post I do, but I only use graphics like “infographs” occasionally.
11. What do you love the most about blogging?
I love interacting with new people. When I was younger I was quite shy but since I became an online personal trainer I feel like I have learned how to interact with others much more effectively. I love seeing my clients have successes and I like the challenge of getting them there!
Questions for my nominees
- What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- What has been your biggest blogging challenge you had to overcome?
- If you could give one piece of advice to someone thinking about starting a blog what would it be?
- What is your most memorable vacation?
- What is your favorite book? (I’m stealing this question for Shashi because I love it!)
- What is one thing that keeps you going whenever you have a bad day?
- Is your favorite season winter, spring, summer or autumn? why?
- What is your favorite blog?
- What was your first blog post and would you change anything about it now?
- How do you keep yourself organized when it comes to your blogging tasks?